蠢
1、(形声。本义:昆虫慢慢地爬行)。
2、同本义。
蠢,虫动也。---《说文》
蠢尔蛮荆。---《诗·小雅·采芑》
今王室实蠢蠢焉。---《左传·昭公二十四年》
万物蠢生。---左思《吴都赋》
蠢动;蠢蠢:蠕动的样子。
3、愚蠢;愚昧。
时人愚蠢,不知相绳责也。---汉·王充《论衡》
蠢坌:蠢笨
蠢虫:糊涂虫
蠢左:愚蠢的帮手
蠢臭:愚蠢的气味
蠢顽:愚蠢顽劣
蠢愚:愚蠢
蠢宝:犹蠢货
蠢类:愚蠢的一伙。
4、笨拙;粗俗。
蠢身躯似水牛。---高安道《哨遍·嗓淡行院》
蠢堆堆:形容笨拙粗壮
蠢躁:笨拙急躁。
5、不谦逊。
蠢,不逊也。---《尔雅·释训》
6、小貌。谓少量聚居。
百蛮蠢居,仞彼方徼。---《后汉书》。李贤注:“蠢,小貌也”。
我把自己锁在门外了,真是蠢得很!
I've locked myself out. Of all the stupid things to do!
我们真蠢,竟以为人人都会说英语。
We foolishly thought that everyone would speak English.
我真蠢,竟相信杰夫和我说的话。
I was foolish enough to believe what Jeff told me.
这些问题是安排好让她显得蠢的。
The questions were set up to make her look dumb.
我不能想象他会这么蠢。
I can't think (that) he would be so stupid.
你果真认为他那么蠢吗?
Do you really think he would be that stupid?
他觉得自己蠢到家了。
He felt an utter fool.
干那种事很蠢。
It was a very foolish thing to do.
干那种事真蠢!
That was a damn fool thing to do!
那事做得蠢!
That was a silly thing to do !
你这蠢婆娘!
You stupid cow!
他兴高采烈地将那些蠢得跑进他发射线内的任何坏蛋炸死。
He cheerfully blows away any bad guy stupid enough to get in his line of fire.
你怎么能这么蠢,海蒂?
How can you be so stupid, Heidi?
我这个发型看起来很蠢。
I look stupid with this haircut.
我要是拒绝就太蠢了。
I'd be a fool to turn it down.
如果一个笑话很蠢,我们会说它是“陈词滥调”。
We say a joke is "corny" if it is stupid.
你简直比鸡还蠢。
You are even more stupid than the chickens.
就连乐于开怀大笑的马克吐温也说,当谈到人像照片时,“没有什么比一个又傻又蠢的微笑被永远定格更可怕的了”。
Even Mark Twain, a man who enjoyed a hearty laugh, said that when it came to photographic portraits there could be "nothing more damning than a silly, foolish smile fixed forever".
为发横财,他们想出了个蠢办法。
They invented some lamebrain scheme to get rich quick.
你要是再和他一起工作就是蠢疯了。
You'd be mad to work with him again.
不用说我又犯了个蠢错。
No doubt I had blundered again.
这些人看上去有点蠢。
These men look a bit drippy.
我知道这事听起来很蠢,然而也许就会奏效。
I know it sounds crazy but it just might work.
这是政治蠢疯。
It is political madness.
他真蠢!
He's such a schmuck!
他们已经觉得我很蠢了。
They already thought I was stupid.
记住,聋跟蠢不一样。
Remember that deafness isn't the same as being stupid.
最后,树上的男人生气了,对他的朋友喊道:“你真蠢!”
At last, the man in the tree got angry and shouted to his friend, "How foolish you are!"
“喂,你听着,你——你这头蠢兽,”水鼠兰特非常生气地说,“这种事必须停止。”
"Now look here, you--you thick-headed beast," replied the Rat, really angry, "this must stop."
那个胖家伙蠢得像鹅一样。
The fat fellow is as stupid as a goose.