了
1、(象形。从子,无臂。小篆字象婴儿束其两臂形。初生的婴儿,往往束其两臂而裹之。本义:束婴儿两臂)。
2、手弯曲。
了,尥也。从子无臂象形。---《说文》。按,犹交也。手之挛曰了,胫之絷曰尥。
凡物二股或一股结纠紾缚不直伸者曰了戾。---段玉裁《说文解字注》
了尥:手腿弯曲,引申指二物纠结绞缠不直伸的样子。
3、假借为“憭”、“悟”。懂得,明白其意思。
嫌人不了。---《尔雅·释丘》注
虽神气不变,而心了其故。---《世说新语》
了法:领悟法理
了得事:懂行
了利:清楚,明白
了然:明白,清楚。
4、结束,了结。
小乔初嫁了。---宋·苏轼《念奴娇·赤壁怀古》
了还:了却,偿还
了局:结局;结束
了了:了结了
了劣:了账;了结
了休:终止,了结。
5、聪敏,颖慧。
小而聪了,大未必奇。---《后汉书·孔融传》
了,快也。秦曰了。---《方言二》
了慧:聪明
了干:精明干练。
6、明亮,光亮。
收到一片秋香,清辉了如雪。---清·纳兰性德《琵琶仙》
了
1、用在动词或形容词后面,表示动作或变化已经完成。
2、用在句子的末尾或句中停顿的地方,表示变化或出现新的情况。
我终于有了我自己的房间了!
I have my very own room at last.
生活改善了且恢复了正常。
Life has improved and returned to normal.
干酪发霉了。
There's mould on the cheese.
开始下雨了。
It started to rain.
该你发牌了。
It's your deal.
他们冲向了入口并强行闯了进去。
They rushed the entrance and forced their way in.
我太高兴了,我们终于找到你了!
I'm so glad that we've found you at last!
他好久没洗澡了,身上都有味儿了。
He hadn't washed for days and was beginning to smell.
没法子了。我们只得叫警察了。
There's no help for it. We shall have to call the police.
她胳膊给蜜蜂蜇了,肿了起来。
Her arm was beginning to swell up where the bee had stung her.
我的计划奏效了,我让他们同意了。
My plan worked, and I got them to agree.
她等着的时候,就冷了心不指望了。
As she waited, she steeled herself for disappointment.
开饭了,别舍不得离开电视了。
Dinner's ready, if you can tear yourself away from the TV.
她揉了揉眼睛,把妆弄模糊了。
She rubbed her eyes, smudging her make-up.
我再不做有氧健身操了—太累人了。
I don't do aerobics any more—it's too knackering.
她上年纪了,明年就75岁了。
She's getting old—she's 75 next year.
他腿骨折了,从球场上抬了下去。
He was stretchered off the pitch with a broken leg.
经历了11年的自我流放后他回家了。
He returned home after eleven years of self-imposed exile.
我们得回家了,已过半夜了。
We must be getting home ; it's past midnight.
我们有了应急的钱,这就不必担心了。
It's reassuring (to know) that we've got the money if necessary.
参议院现已同意了该议案,无法回头了。
The Senate has now endorsed the bill and can't turn back.
轮胎瘪了,让钉子扎穿了。
The tyre's flat—the nail has gone right through.
他60岁了,就要退休了。
At 60, he was now approaching retirement.
没有时间了,不能拖延了。
There's no time for delay.
在这件事上,你不是成功了就是失败了。
In this business, either you've got it or you haven't.
我们详细检查了措辞,才确定了最终文本。
We examine the wording in detail before deciding on the final text.
我们行驶了约莫五十英里,汽车突然抛锚了。
We had gone about fifty miles when the car broke down.
现在安静了,雷声已经隆隆作响地传到西边了。
It was quiet now, the thunder had grumbled away to the west.
电池没电了。
The battery has run down.
该你做饭了。
It's your turn to cook dinner.